[DeTomaso] Valve Stem seal and Keeper replacement

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sun Aug 9 16:37:30 EDT 2009

Sure enough!

http://69.20.53.62/pdf/296e.pdf

On page two it clearly says just what Barry writes:

snip
1970-77, 351C-351M-400 Engines: Both intake and

exhaust valves use multiple-groove valve stem locks with

a large outside diameter requiring the use of 3/8" type

valve spring retainers.

and:

1971-72 Boss 351 Engines: Both intake and exhaust

valves use single-groove valve stem locks, requiring the

use of 11/32" valve spring retainers

eosnip

Tomas