[DeTomaso] Valve Stem seal and Keeper replacement

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Aug 9 15:49:15 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/9/09 3:34:55 AM, guson at home.se writes:

> What single groove keepers will allow me to keep the stock spring
> retainers when switching to new valves?

Iskendarian Cams and Comp cams both make-or made at one time-   variable
height retainers for both 7 degree and 10 degree keepers in aluminum, sttel
and titanium. To start with I'd call or e-mail Comp Cams Tech Line <
www.compcams.com>, 1-800-999-0853, or
<www,iskycams/contact-technical.php>, fax 310-515-5730
with your list of parts & specs, and see if they have anything that can
solve your problem without machining the heads or throwing away too many
pieces.
Note that changing the height of the retainer also changes the height and
pressure of your valve springs, so you'll likely have to re-shim to your
desired pressures. Good luck, Tomas- J Deryke