[DeTomaso] Valve Stem seal and Keeper replacement

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sun Aug 9 11:50:18 EDT 2009

Thanks for the input. I have sleeved guides for all valves, I assume it's bronze guides. I'm running SS valves but have no idea what the clearance is. The intake guides have been in use for tens of thousands of miles with umbrella style seals before I installed the new valves and teflon seals. The exhaust sleeves were run one summer (~2000 miles) without any seals at all before I installed the teflon seals. I installed them because the car would "puff" smoke on starts. My head rebuilder had told me to run without exhaust seals.

Tomas