[DeTomaso] Changing carb in garage now and have quick question

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 8 17:19:53 EDT 2009

Hello,

I took off the Holley and the old gasket and insulator does NOT have a divide in the middle but there is a divide in the center of the intake.  The metal "wall" in the center of what I think is a low rise edelbrock intake is 2-3 mm wide and straight.

The new insulator pad # 9266 edlebrock has a divider in the center with a diamond shape in the center of its divide?
I have an edelbrock thunder series 18064 and its 650 cfm.

Do I use this new one with a divide?  It had that diamond shape in the center does that matter?
Did I  have the wrong prior pad all along?

Also, I had a small gasket under and above the insulator pad on the prior set up. My carb came with a wide open square gasket (No divide) and the insulator of course has a divide.  Do I use both or neither?

Thanks
Clay