[DeTomaso] NPT,  Toyota Dealer Rip Off

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 16:09:03 EDT 2009

Most owners know this, but it's not the cost of the coolant; any dealer's
labor rate is around $85/hr and it doesn't matter a great deal if the
mechanic's emptying the ash tray or re-torquing headbolts during that hour. His
guys work to the sacred 'flat-rate' book for all jobs, and much of the time,
average mechanics cannot do jobs as quick as the book says, so there's a
'little' extra mark-up on dealer's parts prices to fill in.....
Which is why I recommend you all at least become familiar with your
machines and what they require, even if you then choose not to get dirty yourself.
Being young & poor when I started, I chose to do everything myself (no
choice, really). And that attitude hasn't changed over the years. FWIW- J Deryke