[DeTomaso] how much $ is a 351 C 4 bolt block usually

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 15:20:42 EDT 2009

"Good condition" is a rather subjective term.

I obtained a free 351C block, and wanted to see if it was worth saving/
building.

Found out that hot tanking, magnaflux testing, sonic wall testing, etc
will cost $150-$250.

Keep that in mind when buying a block.

And it goes without saying, in a 351C thin wall casting, famous for
core shifting, a virgin block (never rebuilt) and thus still with a
4.00 cylinder bore diameter, is probably the only block even worth
considering in the first place.

You can go and pull your own Cleveland engine (complete) from some old
station wagon or Ranchero at a Pick-a-Part for what, $250 or so?  And
they have half price weekends, and if it is cracked you can get
another for a replacement with your labor.  That is obviously not a
choice all will want to take, though.

To answer your question, I would not pay more than $200 for a pig-in-a-
poke block.  Craig's list, at least around here, has entire engines
for that price on a fairly regular basis.

Larry