[DeTomaso] Fairmont Butte Motorsports Park

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Fri Aug 7 14:15:19 EDT 2009

The following appeal was sent this morning from VARA (Vintage Auto
Racing Association).

August 7, 2009

Dear Members,

Many of you may be aware that our long time member & sponsor Tom Malloy
of Trench Shoring is attempting to build a new race track, the Fairmont
Butte Motorsports Park, a world class race track about 20 miles
northwest of Lancaster.

Tom is getting opposition from a few environmentalists: Anyone that
knows Tom can be certain that this new facility will bring only benefit
to the surrounding area and community. Tom is one of the most generous
and conscientious people I have had the privilege to know.

TOM NEEDS OUR IMMEDIATE HELP, as you know Tom has supported you, as a
member of VARA for numerous years. The very least we can do is each take
a few short minutes of our time to write a few paragraphs and email or
mail a letter to the County of Los Angeles.

You are also invited to attend the hearing that will be held on
September 2nd in Los Angeles in support of Tom and his new track.

Below are links to a letter from Tom, which has the pertinent
information for your letter and the location of the hearing as well as a
brochure of the track. Please take the time to read it. If you have
questions you can contact Tom at 951-739-0508

Tom's Letter (PDF)
Track Brochure (PDF)

YOUR LETTERS NEED TO BE AT THE COUNTY BY AUGUST 19!

Please note that Tom has asked a few organizations to support him on
this. You may get some duplicate requests. One letter will do.

HE REALLY NEEDS OUR SUPPORT.

Sincerely,

Darlene Longacre
General Manager