[DeTomaso] drilled bolts for brake calipers

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 09:42:22 EDT 2009

I have never worked with saftey wire unless the connection in question was
slready saftey wired. So this probably falls into the category of a "stupid
question" But it is mt belief that the only really stupid question s are
 the one's you don't ask, So here is my stupid question: I suppose that
aircraft grade hahardware  (nuts and bolts) that are pre drilled are
probably prohibitively expensive   and harder to get ( You can't just run up
to the local hardware  store)   On a side note Harbor freight has a safety
wire tool on sale in the current ad and they have the wire on sale too. I
have never been great at precision drilling or cutting so the  idea of a
drill press and a jig sounds like a great idea if available. Also this is an
area where it definitely pays to get quality drill bits and but bits from a
reputable source ( as you said once the hardware is out of the box you don't
know what you have), Thanks for sharing the benefits of your advice.

Boyd