[DeTomaso] Campy ?Powder Coat? Code Needed

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Aug 6 13:52:47 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/6/09 9:28:14 AM, bianchito at hotmail.com writes:

> Jack, are you sure the greenish yellow product its zinc chromated and not
> Trivalent Chrome(Chrome 3)??? (it will save me the research!)

Its zinc chromate. Remember, we're talking '60s technology here. Zinc
chromate forms an actual   chemical bond to metals, almost like galvanizing so
most paint strippers won't touch it. When the original Campagnolo casting
company in Italy was still in business, Pete Coltrin wrote a very good article
on their processes for one of the now-defunct sportscar magazines. Campy
finally went out of business, Technomagnesio bought the name, then a few years
later, that also fell apart and I think someone else restarted Campy once
more a while ago. The funny thing is, the separate bicycle part of Campagnolo
never had a problem and are- I think- still making derailleurs etc....
Cheers- J Deryke