[DeTomaso] Campy ?Powder Coat? Code Needed

Chuck Adkinson apache34 at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:21:27 EDT 2009

Barry,

Here in central Ohio we have a company that specializes in chemical
stripping, sand/bead blasting etc. The owner at the time was a Pantera owner
who has since sold the company, although it's still in operation under new
management. He immersed the wheels in a very weak acid for a few days that
completely stripped the wheels clean, zinc chromate included. I eventually
treated my entire car to this process prior to its reassembly. I don't know
what the composition of the acid bath was but I do know it took everything
off the wheels and car but did not damage the metals in any way. I've
stripped numerous motorcycle frames, gas tanks, fenders, suspension parts
etc over the years with great success. Check
http://www.americanmetalcleaninginc.com/index.html and you'll see what can
be done. This operation is in Toledo, OH and they've stripped many Panteras
over the years, including mine.

Chuck