[DeTomaso] Can someone help identify this..

Rolf Poulsen rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:27:56 EDT 2009

A couple of weeks ago my car suddenly died. And thanks to the help from Doug and Robert from this mailing list I have now fixed it by changing the ignition module in the Mallory unilite distributor.

Before finding the problem I changed the coil and this box (don’t know the name) link!  http://peecee.dk/uploads/082009/DSC00160_big_thumb.JPG
I now have installed a Mallory hyfire6 (one that I already had)

But now I have some extra wires that I don’t know what is for ?
One of them is blue/black and the other one is orange, they were connected to the coil.
http://peecee.dk/uploads/082009/DSC00190.JPG

There was also a wire connected from this device to the coil, does somebody know what that is?
It looks like the gas pedal cable is going in it.
http://peecee.dk/uploads/082009/DSC001921_big_thumb.JPG
http://peecee.dk/uploads/082009/DSC00191_big_thumb.JPG

Rolf