[DeTomaso] Windshield Needed

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Wed Aug 5 18:41:32 EDT 2009

Dear Threemacs,

               Other practical considerations to note.  Years ago when I
went through this, the local auto glass shop was able to find the Sicursiv
(?) glass at a reasonable price.    I had found another source at a slightly
lower price.    They told me that if I provided the glass, then if all went
well that was good.   If I provided the glass and it broke in shipment, then
I would have to deal with the shipping company and if it broke during
installation, then too bad it broke and I would have to take the loss.

                On the other hand, if I bought their glass, then shipping
was included and if it broke during installation, then it was on them and
they  would provide another windshield at no cost.

                 After brief consideration of these facts, I asked them to
order me one of their windshields.

                                     FWIW,  Chuck Engles