[DeTomaso] Windshield Needed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 14:51:05 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/5/09 10 46 7, threemacs at aol.com writes:

> I need to replace the windshield in my 1974 Pantera.? I have been
> informed that a lot of the windshields on the market today are either too short or
> have distortion.? Also the windshields advertised as having a built in
> antenna --?the filament to attach the antenna to the radio antenna are ultra
> thin and impossible to connect.
>

> Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get a good
> windshield at a fair price?

You've heard right on all counts.

I'd insist on factory replacement glass, which is made in Finland by
Sicursivtro (sp?), the Finnish arm of the original manufacturer, Sircusiv.
Factory glass was also made by Sigla in Germany, and later St. Germain (sp?)
All are of equal, excellent quality.   The only 'bad' glass I've seen was the
stuff made in Brazil, with the antenna inside that was impossible to connect
to.

Windshield prices have come down quite a lot since they tooled up to put
them back into production.   I know Pantera East, and Panteras by Wilkinson
carry the 'good' glass; others may as well.