[DeTomaso] De Tomaso Pantera Hood Vents

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Wed Aug 5 12:28:09 EDT 2009

I built an aluminum hood from scratch. There was a about 9lbs of weight
savings total but the Pantera hood is not all that heavy to begin with. I
am cutting ALL air from going under the car and exiting all the air out
the hood. Part of the opening is covered with an aluminum hatch if you
will. The hatch is flush unless I should need more flow. If I track it and
I should need more flow, I can bolt the hatch in an open position allowing
more air to flow.

One design problem with the Pantera hood, it is very long. They bow in the
center and low pressure will add lift. This also makes the front trunk
difficult to close when you have a good seal. The latch pin can bend
making it even m ore difficult to close. I addressed this in two ways.
First there is an aftermarket latch. Second hood pins further down the
hood hold the middle portion of the hood down.

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/hood/hood.htm

http://www.rc-tech.net/pantera1/paint/primec.jpg