[DeTomaso] De Tomaso Pantera Hood Vents

Roland Jäckel detomaso at gmx.com
Wed Aug 5 05:09:47 EDT 2009

This discussion can only come from people,
who never ran a Pantera at high speed.
The wind pressure under a uncut hood is so high,
that it bends and pops out the lock.
I would like to see some ones face,
when the front hood pops up a few inches at high speed.

saw that, happend to me 20 years ago, never an uncut hood again !

Roland Jaeckel

> A cut
> steel hood is generally worth nothing.

Well, that's a gross exaggeration.   It's worth as much or more than an
uncut hood, to somebody who wants one that's cut.

I don't like them myself, but even to a guy like me, they're still worth a
lot of money.   A few hundred dollars less than a uncut model perhaps.

I hope I never find myself in the position of having to buy one. :<(