[DeTomaso] NOS Euro speedo for sale

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 18:24:03 EDT 2009

The back of you speedo will be marked with 1610 or 1210 indicating the revolutions per mile. The 1610 speedo uses the 1:1 angle drive and the 1210 the 1:1.1. Part numbers are listed in Wilkinson's catalog.

Somewhere I have a spare of the Euro compatible angle drive that came off my GT5 as when it was imported in 2000 all that was changed was the faceplate and the speedo was way off.

That said unless you run original tire diameters your speedo will be off by a margin anyway, even with the correct match between speedo and drive unit. A cheaper solution than buying a new angle drive at $200 is to work out how much error there is (simply done via a GPS) and there are companies that will supply a mechanical correction drive you install between the cable and current angle drive.

Julian