[DeTomaso] Dan Jones Dyno update

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 16:36:58 EDT 2009

In a message dated 8/4/09 12:28:43 PM, daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com writes:

>  I look at the too small muffler body and the long tips and think it
> looks dumb. I'd much rather have a longer muffler and shorter tips.

IMHO, get the tips out away from the body, especially upward-angled tips.
This is not esthetics: at least one owner with off-positioned stock exhaust
tips MELTED both his tail light lenses at an open road event a few years ago.
Power = heat and there's a great deal of it coming out of the mufflers into
the big air-swirl behind a Pantera. Sometimes, it ain't all about
maximizing performance & looks. I like the bigger mufflers with 'racket-buster'
extensions mounted. Besides melting lenses or burning paint on high speed
check-runs, I don't like being black-flagged off tracks for excessive noise or
arguing with touchy cops by the side of the road. Money-hungry CA fix-it tickets
now cost up to $300. FWIW- J Deryke