[DeTomaso] First Mangusta assembly question. (I'm proud of myself!)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 4 01:31:15 EDT 2009

 "I have really been resisting asking questions on this list. I have been
trying to be more helpful than needy, but when you are trying to reassemble a
car that was disassembled in 1974....well some things just have more
questions than answers.
Right now I have reassembled the doors after painting, and I need to
know how are the power window wires covered on your Mangusta or Pantera as
they traverse the gap between the doorjamb and the body? Is there an
accordion booty or anything beside just an ill-fitting grommet?"

James, what you need to do is bypass all of us non-Mangusta owners on the
Forum, and contact Steve Liebenow- The Mangusta Guru- in Santa Clara, CA for
details like this. 'Gooses are SO different in most respects from Panteras,
that inevitably we'll lead you down blind alleys trying to reassemble the
thing correctly. Currently, Steve is rebuilding the aft end frame members of
his '69, after doing just what you are doing to a basket-case 'Goose, except
he did his reassembly15 yrs ago, knows the machine inside and out, drove it
thousands of miles and the saga continues today... I copied Steve on this as
he still works for a living and doesn't monitor the List much.   Good luck-
J Deryke