[DeTomaso] Pantera EFI question from car on Hemmings.com

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 16:18:36 EDT 2009

Those cross-ram intakes are almost always set up for Weber DCOE throttle
spacings, and are and always have been rare & outrageously expensive. The
sky-high price is why Ron Wade and I, and likely other guys too, built our own
(mine are not yet finished after 15 yrs of off-and-on fiddling). They will
fit under the Pantera engine screen but have never gotten popular and at the
price, never will. With side-draft EFI, they would likely work OK, but with
Webers, the blow-back pulses that carry fuel outward tends to sgas-oak the
air cleaner bottoms, then excess fuel drips down onto the engine..... and the
headers.... I have a new-in-box set of 48 DCOEs and maybe this is why I
haven't moved this project further up my 'bucket-list'. FWIW- J Deryke