[DeTomaso] Mangusta brakes

juergen.wilms at cox.net juergen.wilms at cox.net
Mon Aug 3 05:03:25 EDT 2009

My Mangusta (#976) brake calipers need to be restored or replaced. They are made of an aluminum/magnesium mixture and are nice and light - but potentially mortally corroded. I understand that de Tomaso used three or four different brakes on Mangustas.

- What manufacturers / part numbers did they use?
- Does anyone still have original aluminum/magnesium calipers?
- Has anyone done a replacement with other / newer brakes?

Any help is greatly appreciated: the car is off the road as long as there is no solution to the brakes issue......