[DeTomaso] Air Conditioner Compressor Belt Tension

J. Sean Keane spleen at spamcop.net
Sun Aug 2 11:25:25 EDT 2009

I have no doubt that everyone who has responded to my question is right,
but I find this situation very surprising.  This has to be a problem for
every car with a 351 Cleveland, not just the Pantera.  Adjusting the
tension in a belt is such a routine maintenance task, how on earth could
they have made it so difficult?  Bad Ford!

Thanks to everyone for making me aware of the possible fixes.  I haven't
decided yet whether I'll buy the upgraded idler pulley, or switch to a
rotary compressor and eliminate it completely.  But at least now I know
my options.

Regards,

J. Sean Keane