[DeTomaso] Don't let this happen to you

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 2 01:32:55 EDT 2009

Ahh for once something for the GT5 is cheaper :>)

Someone had the same rear caliper incident during the Reno Fun Rally. I cannot recall whose car it was, but I helped Larry & Scott put it back together (the same night we were pulling rocks and sagebrush out of Larry's car).

That person was not quite as fortunate, it destroyed the caliper and scored up the inside of the Al wheel. On checking the other three calipers the locking tabs were in place, so we have no way of knowing whether this one was missing or failed to do it's job. Having seen the carnage I'm planning on driling my caliper bolts (or replacing with predrilled bolts) and safety wiring.

Julian