[DeTomaso] Air Conditioner Compressor Belt Tension

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sat Aug 1 20:24:49 EDT 2009

JSK,

The bolt of the tensioning pulley slides in a slot in  the  channel to
which it is mounted. The problem is the nut you must loosen can  not be reached
with a normal wrench.

At _http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=6579_
(http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=6579)  you  will find a picture of a
modified wrench which converts the tensioning job from  a PITA to a POC (piece of
cake).

If you really want to make it simple, completely remove the nut on  the
back side.  Have a tab welded to the nut so the nut can't rotate  in the
channel. Put it back together and you will never have the problem  again.

If you want to use my wrench, send me you address.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

steps!