[DeTomaso] BBORR engine

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 23:56:08 EDT 2009

I took a couple of hours and pulled the engine tonight.  After the trans was off, I pulled the back part of the cam out of the block.

It broke right in front of the lobes for the back 2 cylinders, right behind the bearing.  One lifter was broken in half.  One lifter bore

was beat up right at the bottom maybe 1/8th" from the bottom.  I haven't pulled everything apart but I could see one cylinder had

a small chip out of the skirt in the block.  Need a new block or is this all acceptable?  Thanks.

Michael