[DeTomaso] ZF removal question

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Thu Apr 30 23:24:12 EDT 2009

I know there are a couple of ways to pull the ZF, one way requires bending the rear ear mounts back and down which, quite honestly, I do not want to do. The other way requires unbolting the engine motor mount bolts that go through the hockey pucks, lifting the ZF while tilting the engine then pulling the ZF backwards while the engine is supported with a jack.

My question if I pull the ZF in this manor, do I need to remove the headers from the block or do I need only remove the exhaust at the collectors. I know I will need to remove the dizzy.

Thanks

Paul