[DeTomaso] BBORR engine failure clues

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:44:19 EDT 2009

Ok, now back to my problem.  This engine does NOT have roller lifters.  Everytime I open a post hoping someone has
great info about my failure or is willing to give me a new engine or parts I see...JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING!

I'm pretty sure it looks like a broken cam with 2 cylinder's lifters down and oil in the bell housing area.  I don't have any

experience with this.  Are there any common causes for this.  I assume it's a result of torsional loads, but?  What kind of

collateral damage is likely?  I can imagine some block damage, bent valves etc.  Thanks for any info...and that was good info on roller lifters too.  :)

Michael