[DeTomaso] Desperate plea for clutch help

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:25:36 EDT 2009

Good point John, when my ZF was hanging up shifting it was the pilot bearing. My guess is either that or the friction disc dropped a spring, I've heard numerous cases of that too.

Paul from your "Ship it down to PI/Wilkinson" sounds like you maybe in Norcal? I can come out from Reno and willing to help where I can. I have a spare oilite pilot bearing and a used complete clutch from my '74, not too worn just I'm upgrading with the new 393C motor. Alternatively I can source a new Centerforce clutch from Larry Stock and bring out. Don't despair there's plenty of time before the Fun Rally to do this.

Julian