[DeTomaso] BBORR engine failure clues

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Wed Apr 29 23:16:18 EDT 2009

Michael

I believe that you stated you were running a solid roller lifter cam.  The
excess lash occurs as the needle bearings in the roller's wheels turn to
dust.  The base of the roller then rides on the cam lobe and the wear
rapidly against one another.

Welcome to solid roller hell from one who has made the journey.

JT