[DeTomaso] BBORR engine failure

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 12:03:29 EDT 2009

Yes, things are a little clearer now. I don't think a gallery plug came out unless they were just the freeze plug type. I don't think so.  Jim was looking at the oil pressure gauge when it happened and said the pressure bled down over several seconds as I was looking for a place to crash land.  There may not be a hole in a piston after all.  Like I said, there were some strange

timing variations I should have paid more attention to and that may show a cam/dist/oil pump drive problem.  I'm still not sure if I heard or just felt something.  It was like a real short harsh misfire event.  Hope to find out this weekend.  Any other conspiracy

theories?  Thanks.

Michael