[DeTomaso] BBORR engine failure

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 10:06:54 EDT 2009

I started the engine pull last night.  I was thinking about the incident again.  It's been proposed that I burnt a piston, pressurized the block and pushed oil past the rear main seal.  (oil in the bellhousing).  I'm wondering about the oil pressure that dropped.

Would that scenario cause loss of oil pressure?  I'm now leaning to a cam related event. (mysterious timing variations before the race)  Maybe the cam walking and pushing it's way too far back, also causing issues with the distributor drive and oil pump.  Dist. gear was double pinned.  Car ran afterwards but ragged.  I'm not into it yet so I'm open to all wild speculation.  We can make this a little contest.  The one who get closest to the real problem can help me pay for repairs.  Thanks all.

Michael

Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa Y'all