[DeTomaso] Initial Timming

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 28 18:14:55 EDT 2009

I have posted my data point before.

I have 24 degrees of advance.  It made the best power at 18 initial for a
total of 42.  It made about the same power at 14 initial, though.  It only
went down a couple of HP.

I left the dyno at 14 initial, thinking that I'd happily give up 5-10 hp to
not have to worry about pinging.  It ran so bad on the way home that I
stopped by the side of the road and set it back to 18.

At 14, it was harder to start - cranked fast enough, but it didn't want to
hit.  It ran hotter, louder, and was sluggish.

This was with A3 heads, stock stroke/bore, a CompCams 282-S, and the A331
intake that resembles an Edelbrock Torker.