[DeTomaso] oil???????

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Tue Apr 28 00:27:41 EDT 2009

0W-40 is definitely not the right choice unless you expect to be
starting the car a lot in zero degree temperatures.

Straight 40 wt actually would not be a bad choice if you do not expect
to be starting the car cold more than once or twice.  As I understand
it straight weight oils are very stable since they have molecules of
pretty much the same size.

Does anyone have an accurate number for the ZDDP content of the current
Mobil 1 15W-50?
IIRC from bobistheoilguy.com, most SM rated oils have only about
800-900 PPM ZDDP, which is not enough for flat tappet motors.

Jim Oddie