[DeTomaso] rear vent window removal

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:50:21 EDT 2009

I had to remove my rear vent window to gain access to
my fuel gauge sending unit opening in my gas tank. Removing the vent was the
easiest thing I think i have done on the Pantera My question now is how do
you replace it?I can't seem to get the sheet metal edge into the rubber slot
in the window rubber seal. I don't feel like the window is really
in securely. I can picture it popping out at 100 mph. Is there a trick or
some other safety procedure to make it more secure?
Boyd
PS. If it where to 'Pop Out" what does a replacement cost and who sells
them. Also if I want to remove the glass but keep the frame how do I do
that?
Thanks