[DeTomaso] NPC... Visa/MC Charges

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 16:40:37 EDT 2009

Follow up.  If you have a card that you've had for a long time, and they're
raising the rates on you, don't cancel it, move the balance to another,
lower rate card and leave the old card open with no balance.  Canceling the
old card will impact your credit score, especially if you've had a good
record on the old card for a long time.  A good part of your credit score is
based on your available credit, whether you use it or not.

When BofA changed my rate from 9.9% to 15.7%, I switched my credit union
card at 5%, and am leaving the BofA open.