[DeTomaso] Rear Brake Pad pins

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Apr 26 15:20:25 EDT 2009

Point of clarification:

The pin on the piston side pad is -necessary- to keep the piston from
rotating.  The pin is supposed to fit in the groove on the face of the
piston.  Porterfield welds a pin on the back of the pad.  However, as
shipped, they are TOO LONG, and must be shortened.  DO NOT grind it flat
to the back of the pad.  If you do so, there will be nothing keeping the
piston from rotating, and if it does, then it will "unlock" and you
won't have any brakes.

So to clarify, I simply ground the pin enough that it fit properly and
allowed the piston face to carry weight against the back of the pad, and
-not- the pin.  Hope that helps.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie