[DeTomaso] NPC... Visa/MC Charges

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 26 14:11:56 EDT 2009

Well first thing to do this morning is PAY bills! (got to love doing this)

Things were going fine till I got to the CITI BANK M/C! When I noticed they had RAISED the interest rate DOUBLE!!!
I know, I know you got to keep on top of it! Its in the fine print. That said, sometime we get lazy (or is it just me?)
I know we should pay the CARDS off in full every month! But, with the economy in the CRAPPER and all the lost jobs sometime a family just can't pay in full each month trying to make ends meet!

OK...Back to CITI BANK
I call them, talk to a nice lady who tells me there is nothing she can do for me! I said that's fine, I'll pay the card in full and to please CANCEL the card! The lady says one moment please, and now I'm talking to another lady (Supervisor?) who tells me CITI BANK does not what to lose a good customer like me AND can drop my interest rate to 3.9% for nine months! I'm thinking if I'm such I good customer why the screw around with me? (because they can, IE... READ THE FINE PRINT!)
So I keep the card and PLAY the game again in nine months!

SO...FYI...check the interest rate of your CREDIT CARDS to make sure you have the rate you think you have! If its not right GET ON THE PHONE it could make differencece if only for nine months!

As you can probably tell I'm not a fan of CITI BANK, but 3.9% is not to bad.

RANT OVER
Curt