[DeTomaso] Call from Tom Di Iulio  - Re:  Big Bend ORR

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 00:20:27 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/25/09 16 45 45, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> I just got a call from Tom Di Iulio. He said he had a blast at the Big
> Bend and that he and JT both finished....he thought JT may have nailed his
> goal speed.....They'll get results at Awards dinner tonight.

I just got a call from JT.   He and his brother finished 2nd (out of 25) in
the 110 mph class, with an overall time of 110.77 mph.   He said the class
winning team is a repeat winner, with a time this year of 110.003!   JT and
his brother didn't bother with all that newfangled GPS stuff, instead
relying on old-school pace notes and a stopwatch.

But he said the lion's share of the credit goes to Michael Frazier, who
pre-runs the course and sets out course markers in specific locations.   Their
pace notes then delineate an exact time that the car is supposed to pass
each marker based upon each speed class, allowing the teams to compare their
desired timing with their performance and alter their speed accordingly.

Well-done to the whole crew!