[DeTomaso] NEW YORK DETOMASO PANTERA

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 25 22:44:45 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/25/09 19 26 3, rimov at charter.net writes:

> I would keep the fuel regulator and make sure it is properly adjusted. It
> is
> super important to have the proper fuel pressure for any fuel management.
> believe it is one of the most over looked problems with fuel management
> problems and tuning.

The problem, of course, is that a fuel regulator and a fuel pressure gauge
go hand-in-hand.   Since he has a mechanical pump and is committed to
removing the fuel pressure gauge, the regulator can only be set by gosh and by
golly.   Full pressure from a standard mechanical pump is normally about 6-7
psi (which is to say, perfect), so the only thing a regulator can be used for
is to restrict the pressure and make it less perfect--and perhaps seriously
imperfect.

I think the KISS principle would best be followed here....the pressure
regulator should accompany the fuel pressure gauge to the shelf (or the trash).