[DeTomaso] oil , zinc , ZF gear oil

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Fri Apr 24 22:08:14 EDT 2009

Boyd
I have a synthetic in the ZF as well, but not enough miles to make any
claims about it.

For motor oil though, unless your engine has been rollerized (roller cam
and lifters),
you need something with more than 1000 ppm of zinc. (zddp)
I use 15W50 Mobil1 (and that's the only Mobil that qualifies).
Many like diesel oils like Shell Rotella.
If your oil doesn't have the zinc in the first place,
 get it up to 1200-1500 ppm with an additive like Lucas.

dave