[DeTomaso] Engine run after switching off ignition

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 02:54:26 EDT 2009

> One unanticipated problem is that the engine now runs after I switch off
> the key :-| It stops if I press the brake pedal with the ignition off.
>
> IIRC this has been a problem also for some who installs MSD ignitions
> and that it is probably solved by installing a diode somewhere in the
> idiot light cuircuit.
>
> Anyone have any info on what the simplest solution is?

****Tomas - well, you asked! The simplest solution is to step on the brake
when you shut the engine off!!! ;-)

I have the same problem with my car, and I have an MSD system. I didn't
realize I had this problem because I always, always have my foot on the
brake when I shut the car off. I don't use my parking brake, because I don't
trust it, so I only discovered this by accident when, for some odd reason, I
had the wheels chocked, the engine running and tried to shut it off. I
imagine that it has been like that for years, but I never noticed.

Doesn't bother me much...