[DeTomaso] Where to buy a single Keith Black KB148 piston

Rolf Poulsen rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 02:08:00 EDT 2009

J Deryke

The crank is for another engine I bought along with the car. sorry for the confusion.

From: JDeRyke at aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:44:17 -0400
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Where to buy a single Keith Black KB148 piston
To: rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com; detomaso at realbig.com

Don't know about the crank brand from that photo, but your piston source just got more complicated. If the stamping on the front counterweight really means "3.75" stroke, normal 351-C pistons probably won't fit since a stock crank has a 3.50" stroke. And with this much custom stuff inside the block, I'd also check for different connecting rods and possibly non-stock wristpins, all of which will affect what piston will fit. The assembly of this engine really needs a pro performance shop to sort out what's really in there. Good luck- J Deryke