[DeTomaso] Brake Switch Frustration

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Wed Apr 22 13:37:58 EDT 2009

Thanks for the ideas Mike.  I've already plumbed both a line lock and adjustable proportioning valve that is adjustable from the driver's seat.  Pretty sweet and elegant installation if I do say so myself.

It is an embarrassing story; however, I have run those brake lines multiple times.  Failure to understand how the proportioning valve works had me believing the valve was required to reduce front braking capabilities; so, I removed the plumbing for the rear system and replumbed it again in the cabin to be able to adjust the fronts on the fly.  In actuality, when I thought the valve in its original position was not reducing pressure to the rears, it was fully reducing it to the limit of it's capability. The sad part about all of this is it only took me about 10 years and tons of track events with compromised braking to finally figure out my bonehead move.

Anyway, I finally mustered up the motivation a few years back to run new lines plumbing it into the rear system again.  I have run enough lines for now.

JT