[DeTomaso] wiper switch

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 22 12:51:28 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/22/09 9 40 19, gaino at earthlink.net writes:

> Oh Oh, Wilkinson said that the early switch is unavilable for 30 years.
>
>>>Well, from the Italians maybe.   But the switch is very widely available
from British sources.   And you could try other Pantera vendors too.

> I found this Sunbeam lucas.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUNBEAM-ALPINE-GT-LUCAS-WIPER-WASHER-SWITCH-NEW_W0QQitemZ390046110140QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMo
> tors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item390046110140&
> _trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1205|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
>

>>>It looks like the right one.   It is listed as LUCAS NUMBER 39125

What is the Lucas number on your existing switch?   Bill Taylor's Pantera
gearhead database says:

Lucas wiper motor switch for a jaguar #31427D

But I don't know if that's just a substitute switch that will work, or THE
original switch part number?   Can you confirm?   Here's a photo of the
31427D:

http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari487.htm

BTW, on a wholly unrelated topic, Tom Yang is a really remarkable fellow
who is doing a meticulous restoration on his Ferrari 330 America.   What makes
it so remarkable is that he has documented literally every single day he
has worked on his car, on what has become an epic website followed by Ferrari
enthusiasts all around the world.   He's up to something like 890 different
pages now.

If you have about 30 hours to kill, start here!

http://www.tomyang.net/cars/ferrari1.htm