[DeTomaso] Brake Switch Frustration

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 10:37:26 EDT 2009

	Dear John,

While acknowledging that I know absolutely nothing about the stock brake
switch, are you sure the problem is the switch? 5 failures, all in the same
car or from both? I'd respectfully suggest that it's an installation problem
rather than a problem with the switch itself. Could the geometry be off on
your particular car which means stressing part of the switch until it
breaks? Do you have an usually heavy brake foot? ;-)

I've had no problems with the switch on 2 different Panteras and many years
of ownership (and other problems) and it doesn't ring a bell as being a
candidate for the "top 10 Pantera flaws" list, or something that has come up
on the list often.

The fact that you are pioneering a solution 35 years after the introduction
of the model suggests that it isn't a problem that affects a lot of cars or
that the problem isn't in the switch per se.

Just food for thought...

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"