[DeTomaso] 1972 Detomaso Pantera

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 22:22:43 EDT 2009

Dear Detomaso Pantera Friends and Owners ,
Three weeks ago I had problems with my new Pantera .3 hours after  posting
my problems on this site Pantera owners wrote back with many  different
possible remedies and things to check.I was amazed at the  response and
appreciated the help very much.I worked feverishly and for 4 days  straight and with
the help of a local mechanic resolved the issue .It turned out  to be the
holley carb(750 dbl pumper) was bad . I replaced it with a  new holley 650
dbl pumper and the engine roared to life .Actually better than  ever before.
On may 1st I plan to make all Pantera owners across America proud.I am
running her from Los Angeles California,to Miami with stops in Las Vegas,Grand
Canyon,AZ,Santa Fe,NM ,Dallas,Tx,Houston,Tx,New Orleans,La, Orlando,Fl,and
finally into Miami,Fl
The 1972 Red Detomaso Pantera that I will be driving has an updated
cooling system,plugs,wires,coil,distributor cap,rotor,oil,filter oil change in  ZF
have all been changed.New 17 inch rims and Michelin Tires are being
installed by PI Motorsports in Orange,Ca.They are also changing the intake
manifold.
I hope to meet some fellow Pantera owners en route .
I will be monitoring channel 19 on a cb radio as we drive the  country.
I thank you all again for all of your assistance and support because
without the generious help and the comradery of Pantera owners I don't think I
would have been able to pull this off.
Feel free to look at the blog at _www.gumball3000.com_
(http://www.gumball3000.com)

Robert