[DeTomaso] Panteras & Police, and Washington State plates...

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org Pantera007 at provamo.com
Mon Apr 20 19:45:54 EDT 2009

I've added a new entry to the infamous section. Panteras & Police    Thanks
Ron Hyde!

He has an interesting story, and I hope he will share the photos his friend
took - Ron?

Anyway, this brings up a trivia tidbit.

While traversing Washington state on several occasions I noticed that
pseudo-under cover

patrol cars (many having a "regular citizen-style" license plate) all
contained the letters WSP.

For example. 232 WSP.

It only took me the second speed trap to link the plates of these first two
cars.

(I even started taking photos, when possible)

Soon every pseudo-under cover car was checked, and all had the WSP.

(Washing State Police - I presume).

When I mean pseudo-under cover, I'm talking about cars with no markings, and
no external lights,

and in a variety of colors.  Only the uniformed driver, or the tell-tale
light box near the visor to indicate.

I had a chance to closely inspect one car in a lot, after dinner, and there
was nothing obvious. until

the uniformed officer arrived and drove away.

Ron sent a photo of his high speed pursuit and stop cop, and even the
clearly marked patrol car ends with WSP.

So for you Washington state'rs. Do you all know about the WSP plates?

Chuck