[DeTomaso]   sway bar bushings

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 16:49:05 EDT 2009

My micrometer says the stock front bar was 0.820" or about 13/16" dia while
the stock non-GTS rear bar was 0.785" or 25/32". A desirable rear GTS bar
was 0.890" or slightly larger than 7/8"dia. Take an old   bushing to a parts
store such as NAPA- most GM and Ford cars and trucks used rubber bushings.
The sizes are not critical as long as the new bushing isn't sloppy-loose.
When our '72 L was new-to-us, I bought swaybar bushings across the counter from
a Ford dealer- for an F-100 pickup truck. Consider using urethane in the
middle with rubber or sphere-balls on the ends. Urethane on the ends is not
flexible enough and may cause cracking of the steel mounts. Good luck -J
Deryke