[DeTomaso] Where to buy a single Keith Black KB148 piston

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Mon Apr 20 15:23:26 EDT 2009

Rolf
I just bought a set of eight of these KB148 pistons for $207 from Summit.
You may want to have a look at the rest of yours before you go paying a
premium and shipping for just one piston. If the engine is out of the car,
it looks like a set of new rings for all eight may be a good idea while it's
easy? Make sure the top ring gaps are at least 0.026 inch in every cylinder,
regardless of whether you use old rings or new ones. The damage in your
photo is typical of a top ring gap that's too small. These KB pistons MUST
have a larger gap than old style pistons. Their instructions are very clear
about that. 0.026 inch gap is absolute MINIMUM for a 4 inch bore KB piston.

Barry

----

Rolf Poulsen rolf_poulsen at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:45:43 CDT 2009

I have had a little trouble with my engine (see picture)
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w241/royaldo/pantera%20stempel/IMG_1277.j
pg

I'm from Denmark and there aren't many auto shops with part for an old
cleveland.
Anyone who knows if it is possible to buy one piston and not a set of 8. The
engine is 0.40 over.

pawengineparts.com do not have any in stock and do not order less than 8.

http://www.sdparts.com do not have any in stock and will have to check if he
can order one at a time.

Any help would be much appreciated

Rolf.