[DeTomaso] How many pushbuttons in US

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 20 14:49:21 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/20/09 11 34 39, claywillmott at hotmail.com writes:

> I recall 75 pushbutton panteras were made and about 40-50 are still in
> existence.  How many are estimated to be in the US?

Not true.    Hundreds of pushbutton Panteras were made--starting at 1000
and going through ????   #1383 is a pushbutton, and #1387 has square
doorhandles, so presumably the changeover took place somewhere in between, indicating
that 384-386 were built.   Ford only imported 75 of those cars to the USA
though; that's where you're getting that number from.   Since then, a few
have been wrecked/destroyed, and probably a similar number have been privately
imported from Europe, so there are now still probably about 75 pushbuttons
in the USA?   That's a big-time WAG though.

Cheers!