[DeTomaso] This sucks

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Apr 19 21:26:00 EDT 2009

Paul,

Do not despair, Do not panic.  We're all here to help if we can.

First let us know where you are located, maybe someone close by can help
eyeball things.

Next, please describe in detail your entire system.  This would include:
- Intake
- Throttle bodies
- Fuel routing
- Location and type of pressure regulator(s)
- Location and type of fuel pump(s)
- Wiring
    - Brain box to throttle bodies
    - Brain box to injectors
    - Brain box to ingnition
- What kind/type of ignition are you using (crank fire or distributor,
or multi-coil, etc.)

Send photos if you have them.  You can send them to me and I'll put them
on a web site for people to look at.

- Now check the basics
    - Fuel pressure at the injectors?
    - When cranking, do you get gas in the intake?
    - Are the spark plugs wet?
    - What brand & part number are the plugs?
    - What is the gap you are running on the plugs?
    - Ignition timing?  (are you getting any sputters or spurts at all?)
    - Are you getting spark from the coil to the distributor? (note,
this all depends on the ignition system)

So many questions, but you've seen us do this before, so hang in there,
we'll get you fixed.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie